|Salary:||£44,375 - £49,552|
|Contact name:||Kate Tighe|
|Published:||21 days ago|
DO YOU WANT A NEW ROLE WITH IMPROVED JOB SATISFACTION;
AND HIGH QUALITY OF WORK IN A SUPPORTIVE ENVIRONMENT?
Farleigh Hospice is a high performing organisation providing specialist palliative and end of life care for people with life limiting illness in the Mid Essex region. Our team at Farleigh has grown and evolved to meet the changing needs of the community we serve and we are looking for highly motivated Clinical Nurse Specialist to join our Community team.
We are looking to recruit Clinical Nurse Specialists to work in our Community Palliative Care Team. You will work in the proactive case management of patients across a locality with other Clinical Nurse Specialists, under the direction of the Team Manager. While maintaining close links with our Hospice at Home service, the Assessment HUB and the Rapid Assessment and Discharge team.
The team provides a responsive service, providing specialist palliative care advice, including the ability to deliver safe, evidenced based, symptom control advice. Alongside this, the provision of social, emotional and spiritual care for the patient and family. You will work closely with, and act as, a resource to primary care teams and other care providers with a common aim of achieving the best quality of life possible for our patients
There is a focus on education and providing advice to other health and social care professionals, taking an active lead on promoting GSF and End of Life Care.
This post involves working on a 7-day week rota.
Am I the right person for this Clinical Nurse Specialist role?
* NMC Level 1 Registration in Adult Nursing and have substantial post registration experience gained within palliative care or a relevant healthcare setting
* Experience of community nursing and palliative care/oncology, but not necessarily in a specialist role
* Understanding of the issues affecting patients and families at the end of life
* Understanding of community healthcare service provision
* Good holistic assessment skills and symptom management knowledge
* Organised and have confident decision making skills
* Ability to manage own time effectively and prioritise workload/caseload for self and others
* Able to inspire and motivate others to deliver excellent palliative care
* Ability to deliver education, training and supervision to staff
* Ability to communicate at different levels with patients, relatives and healthcare staff
* Resilient practitioner with the ability to work under pressure
For the full job description, please click here.
Why apply for this role?
We are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. There is plenty of scope to develop your skills in specialist palliative care and planned career progression through our education programme and development framework. So if you are enthusiastic, committed nurse looking to develop your knowledge in specialist palliative care then this may be the job for you.
Please contact Kate Tighe (Locality Care Team Manager, North Team) via email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information. Please note we are unable to accept CV’s emailed direct – please apply via the Farleigh website – thank you.
We offer a great working environment, a competitive pay and benefit package, flexible working and a strong team to support you.
(Please note – If we receive a high number of applications we will close the vacancy before the closing date)
Farleigh Hospice is committed to creating an inclusive working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated. To achieve this we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Farleigh Hospice operates a three-month probation period. Positions may be subject to DBS Disclosure. Charity Registration No: 284670.
- Registered Nurse, IPU
Job location: Chelmsford Job salary: £29,536 - £34,751
DO YOU WANT A NEW ROLE WITH IMPROVED JOB SATISF...
- Volunteer Fundraising Office Assistant
Job location: Chelmsford Job salary: Voluntary position
ROLE: To assist the Fundraising team with:Proce...
- Farleigh Helpers Befriending volunteer
Job location: Chelmsford Job salary: Voluntary role
ROLE To provide online and telephone suppo...
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs